Termite Inspection Sydney
Its amazing to think the little guy above (about 3-4mm long) can do incredible damage to a house.
Multiply him by 1 million and he can do serious structural damage to a property.
The job of a property and termite pest inspection Sydney is to detect evidence of termite activity, past and present.
It is also to look at the damage that could have been caused by termites and if it is serious.
In my travels an inspector i’ve seen termite activity many times, only once have i see damage so serious that i have recommended the residents move out for fear of injury.
Roofing joists eaten through, floor beams and joists so weak they’re unsafe to walk on.
That is rare but termite activity isn’t. There’s a saying in the industry:
“There are 2 kinds of houses, one that has been attacked by termites and one that will be”
That sounds extreme but partially true.
You can’t entirely eliminate termite attach but you can ensure your house is less attractive to termites by doing (or not doing) the following:
- Don’t have taps, H/W or A/C outlets dripping water on the outside of your house.
- All external taps should have drains under them.
- Don’t have gardens, mulch etc against the external walls your house.
- Ensure your sub floor area is dry by improving ventilation.
- If your house is on a slab, ensure the soil/grass level is below slab height by at least 50mm around the perimeter of your house.
- Remove all dead timber and refuse from your gardens.
- Dig up and remove old tree stumps from your yard.
- Only have treated timber in contact with soil in your yard.
- Check ant caps on your sub floor piers are ok.
- Book 12 monthly termite inspection Sydney.
- Fill all cracks/openings around your house, especially under the floor.
- Repair leaking roofs, gutters and down pipes.
- All down pipes directed into drains, not draining on to the ground.
That all sounds like a lot of work. You don’t need to do every step.
Just doing a few of the above will assist in keeping termites from your property.
If you’re the curious types, here’s some in depth info on termites.